music | video | bio | photos | shows | buy | blog | press | epk | contact | home

Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy


Wow, it’s been so busy, I keep forgetting to write even though it’s on my list and I keep telling myself to do it!

It’s big garden time. The 2000 sq. ft. community garden plot we have at the Ignatius Centre just north of town is finally ready to be worked on after an intensely wet spring. Everyone is weeks behind, but what can you do?

Yesterday I was able to get out there (it was still muddy after the thunderstorms on Saturday) and I measured the plot. Then I came home and organized the map. We’ll have potatoes, corn, tomatoes, squash, cabbage, broccoli, rutabaga, turnip, onions, carrots, hot peppers, sweet peppers, basil, beets, parsnips, zucchini, and cucumbers!

Today Jesse and I will be going out there with Mike Cathcart’s truck (thanks, Mike!) and hauling poles and gear for the tomato structures we use, as well as rakes and other tools to get the plot ready for transplanting and planting.

Later I’ll do some more listening to the rough mixes of the recorded takes. Concentration required . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment